Play Synopsis and Character Breakdown:
by Eric LaRocca directed by Paul von Stoetzel
- In the fourth quadrant of an unnamed country rampant with civil unrest the government has issued a mandate in which all civilians who openly identify as homosexual are ordered to work camps or executed. In an abandoned cellar and operating theatre of a well-known surgeon and biochemist who has since been executed a young woman crosses paths with a soldier of this regime.
- POPPY Z-late 20's to early 30's. She was the apprentice of a surgeon/biochemist well-known for his human experimentation who has since been murdered by the government. POPPY is a pre-op transsexual woman. There is a distinct sensitivity in her demeanor. She presents herself with a demureness and speaks with an overly rehearsed lady-like articulation. This forced decorum wanes and fatigues with nervousness or intimacy.
- KAROFSKY-early to late 30's. He is a soldier representing the fascist sect of the since splintering government. Despite his abrasive nature and distinct arrogance, there is a faint passivity in the sharpness of his temperament. His flagrant pensiveness often contradicts his imposing and crass brashness.
by Andrew Rosdail directed by Immanuel Elliott
- Dr. Frankenstein made a monster. Later, the monster desired a mate. Now, it is the 21st century and both monster and bride struggle with their borrowed immortality and what we leave behind.
- THE BRIDE-Frankenstein’s second creation “the bride of Frankenstein”; made of body parts of dead women. Has less prevalent scarring than Adam, more faded. Still noticeable.
- ADAM-Frankenstein’s first monster; made up of the body parts of dead men. Heavy scarring.
by Darrin Hagen and Trevor Schmidt directed by Rye Gentleman
- You'll scream . . . with laughter. You'll gasp . . . at the fabulous wigs. From the wickedly witty pens of Darrin Hagen and Trevor Schmidt, DRAGULA blends familiar elements of gothic thrillers with insightful commentary gender politics in a madcap comedy that will have you on the edge of your seat . . . with terror!
- DICK VAN DICK-the holier than though father of VIRGINIA
- VIRGINIA HYMEN-a heroine/damsel
- WILMA FINGERDOO-The Countess's handmaid? Butler? Sometimes Lover?
- THE COUNTESSA DRAGULA-Dracula, but a drag queen
- Note: All roles in this show are drag performances. All genders will be considered.
by Cody Daigle directed by Chava Curland
- A young gay college student, Harris, witnesses something horrifying at his job at a porn video store: a man disappears into thin air. He soon discovers from his best friend, Jen, that people are "blinking" everywhere, and no one knows how to stop it. As Harris and Jen figure out what to do as the human race is slowly erased, a terrible secret that binds them together comes bubbling to the surface. They must cope with it, before one -- or both -- are gone.
- HARRIS-a gay college student who works at a porn store
- JEN-a college student, she has a lot of history with Harris
HELL'S BED AND BREAKFAST
by Kim Carney directed by Madeline Karita Flemming
- A two-character comedy that tells the story of a queer couple who -- while exploring old houses for a possible bed 'n' breakfast site -- make a chilling and gruesome discovery.
- ACTOR 1-any gender
- ACTOR 2-any gender
LACE CURTAIN IRISH
by Carolyn Gage directed by Cassandra Snow
- Thirty-five years after the infamous Fall River ax murders, a 61-year-old Irish woman, working in her kitchen in Anaconda, Montana, opens a newspaper and reads about the death of the alleged murderer, Lizzie Borden. The woman is Bridget Sullivan, the Borden’s former maid.
- BRIDGET SULLIVAN-Irish, 61. She has been haunted by a recurring, mysterious dream that begins with lace curtains and believes she was a witness, but that she has blocked the memory. Drinking heavily, she shares with us what she remembers of that fateful day.