- Do a totally new, reformatted version of our hit show QUEER! that we toured to various Twin Cities venues. Doing this show "pop-up" style enabled us to make it more accessible to those who have transportation issues by moving it around to various neighborhoods. Additionally, we grew our own support base and met lots of truly wonderful community members and allies who have landed firmly in our support network.
- Do an all WTF version of QUEER! entitled QUEER! Girlz that Theatre Unbound was kind enough to include in their annual Girl Shorts Festival. Those involved had a total blast and we're so proud to have been a part of this amazing company and festival.
- Produce Vile Affections by Vanda, a startling look at 17th century life for women--especially queer women--that won Artistic Director Immanuel Elliott "Best Costumes" for the year in Lavender Magazine.
- Produce our second annual Final Frontier Festival, this time with a horror theme. We were able to bring you a drag version of Dracula, a Carolyn Gage one-act, and explore new topics in horror.
- Introduce a a story-telling, improv, and queer history event aptly titled Drunk Queer Theatre. This began the formation of the much-needed improv troupe Lavender Panic!
- Raise a nice nest egg to grow from in our space hunt via YOUR donations on Give to the Max day and your support of our annual QUEERulous Cabaret! We had so much fun, and in spite of some strange odds playing into the day managed to come very close to our goal and bring a really superb show.
Finally, we still need some really cool plays to choose from for our Final Frontier Festival: Heroes and Villains so we have to make hard choices. Make us work for this festival, y'all! Plays must fit our queer and feminist missions, be no shorter than 20 minutes and no longer than 40 minutes, and the fewer characters and set pieces the better. Remember this is a geek fest, so playing with the genre is fine but sticking within it (however creatively) ups your odds of getting selected. Email scripts and a short bio that includes your pronouns to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope you're all having a MARVELOUS holiday season, and we'll see you in March for our mind-blowing three day celebrating of queer comedy, music, and drag and dance!